Friday, July 25, 2008


mostrou-me o joão:
On the wall above Joyce Carol Oates's desk is a 1957 quote from the film director Alfred Hitchcock. It says: "It's only a movie, let's not get too deeply into these things." These simple words of advice were given to Kim Novak when she was feeling agitated and despondent on the set of Vertigo. "I thought it was good advice," says Joyce Carol Oates. "Writers can get too intense and too emotionally involved with their work. Sometimes I tend to get a little anxious and nervous about my writing, and I can make myself unhappy, so I look up at that quote and think, it's only a book, don't worry, it's not your life."

:-))))


2 comentários:

Maria João July 25, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

Ah Ganda João...é isso aí!!!!
Amo-te!!!

Filipa Rosário July 25, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

bom, já devem saber... a maria joão que gosta muito de mim e do que eu escrevo é senhora que deu ao mundo...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP